Recent Special Applications
Low-inertia DC motor with integrated tachometer and speed reducer
(harmonic drive) for military and commercial shipboard stabilization applications:
- Used for continuous operation in underwater gyro designs
- Approximate diameter 6 in.; length 8 in.; weight 30lb. maximum
- Corrosion resistant(can be designed for seawater resistance)
- Operating temperature -30°C to +90°C
- Output torque 620 in. lbs.
- Speed 20 rpm
- Tachometer output 6 volts per 1,000 rpm
Silent Stop Failsafe Brake for medical devices, with a compact pancake design for use with artificial limbs:
- Provides silent operation during engagement and slipping phases
- Diameter 1.8 in.; length 0.47 in.
- Torque 18 oz. in.
- Low-power usage and low-heat operation
- Modelled to ensure correct and reliable system operation with our motors and other components for medical devices
Handheld Brushless DC Motor with Brake and Gearhead
- Capable of running cool (at touch temperature) while delivering more than 200 in-lbs of torque.
- Designed for high efficiencies on both the motor and the gearhead
- Special fin configuration for low temperature rise even after rigorous duty cycles
- Power output of about 1/2 HP
- Electronic board, internal wiring and construction designed to meet the highest level of EMI standards.
- Weighs about 7 lbs.
120VAC Single-phase Induction Motor/Gearbox driving essential U.S.Navy auxiliary equipment per Mil-M-17059A(SHIPS) Service A:
- Continuous operation in ambient air over a very wide ambient temperature range, -40oC to 150oC
- 150rpm; 100 oz.-in. torque
- 2in. O.D. x 7.75in. length
- 2lb. weight
- Ease of control with just two-or-three-wire 120VAC excitation for single direction or reversible operation
- resistant to seawater exposure
High-reliability 24VDC Brushless DC Motor/Controller:
- Finned brushless dc motor is self-cooling
- compact, long-life, high-speed workhorse
- Drives automated mail sorting systems in large government agency's distribution centers nationwide
- Drive electronics designed to limit torque and current
- Provides system performance feedback to a computer.
- Negligible field returns confirm the unit's high reliability.
- Suitable for commercial/military applications.
- Length 3.5in;, weight 23oz., diameter 2in., speed 14,000rpm.
Limited Rotary Actuator for Underwater Vehicles
BLDC Motor, gearhead, electro-mechanical brake, limited stop and electronic drive system; high-reliability - can be designed for military and commercial applications.
Unit weight 36lbs.; diameter 5.5in.; length 16.5in.
Frameless BLDC motor moves fins on a military missile.
Outside diameter 0.84in.; length 1.25in.
- Universal brush motor
- Acme screw
- Worm gear
- Right–angle drive
- Limit stops
- Linear stroke 3in.
Gearhead, Brushless Motor & Synchro
- Diameter 1.5” maximum, 6” long. Output shaft 3/8” diameter from gearhead.
- At 1500rpm, spur gearhead/motor puts out 7 in./lbs. continuous torque with 2 amperes maximum current. Efficiency 70% minimum.
- Corrosion-resistant stainless steel materials utilized; unit operates while immersed in hydraulic fluid.
- Operating temperatures 160C; integral high-temperature synchro used for commutation, which operates at 5V and 5000Hz square wave.
- The unit withstands 20Gs(50-500Hz) vibration and 100Gs shock.
- 200° C Temperature Range
- Pressure Environment 20,000 PSI. Oil Filled
Bldcm, planetary gearhead(450:1 ratio), fail-safe brake, SS side-connector for EMI shielding & wire integrity & protection, electronics; Inbuilt custom glass-encapsulated temp. sensor; 40in.-lbs. rated torque; size 1.25”x 3.5”; 0.75lb. wt.
- Bldcm & Brake Ass’y;
- Size 2.5”x 3”; wt.2.5lb.
- 500w+ @ 12,000 rpm
- Inbuilt temp. sensor
- SS connector housing for EMI shielding(MIL-STD-461E) and wire integrity and protection for enhanced reliability
High-Performance Induction Motor
Used in aerial firefighting applications.
- Dual speed output: 3,400rpm/1,750rpm
- Weight 15lbs.
- Diameter 5 in.
- Length 5.7in.
Rotors and Stators for Various Aerospace Applications
- Size ranges from 0.437in. to 18.0in.